MSC Stem Cell Therapy
For those who are driven to excel – for those who are committed to staying at the top of their game for as long as possible – for those that never settle – MSC stem cell treatment is the answer you’ve been looking for.
Stem cells are your body’s engines of regeneration. They’re naturally occurring cells that you have now – and they’re at work every minute throughout your body repairing tissue, fighting inflammation, and supporting the health of your brain, nervous system, muscles, and reproductive systems. But as we age, our stem cells drop off in both quantity and quality, leading to slower recovery, brain fog, fatigue, sexual dysfunctoin and chronic pain. But it doesn’t have to be that way. These cells can be replenished with new, young and healthy stem cells. Stem cell therapy patients report feeling years younger after a single treatment, and when delivered as part of a comprehensive anti-aging protocol, these treatments are truly life-changing.
What are stem cells? And what are MSCs?
“Stem cell” refers to any cell in the body that has the ability to differentiate into different types of tissues. When people think of stem cells, they often think of embryonic stem cells, the ones which form in a fetus and help it develop into a baby. These are not the cells that are used in our therapies – beyond the ethical implications, they are simply not effective for treating adult health.
MSCs, or mesenchymal stem cells, are also referred to as “adult stem cells.” They are present in the body of every adult. Their main function is to regenerate, and recover, and restore tissue. They’re the main engine of your body’s regenerative system.
Whenever your body is injured, MSCs are involved in regenerating your tissues, and they’re a vital part of keeping your body healthy. MSCs also help you handle physical and mental stress. After approximately age 40, your stem cell potency diminishes – this is when aging begins to speed up.
Mesenchymal Stem Cells – or Medicinal Signaling Cells?
One very important thing to understand about mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) is that they are very different from embryonic stem cells because they are already differentiated. This makes them much safer to use in the body of an adult. The power that MSCs use is quite different, and comes from their ability to send powerful signaling chemicals throughout the body that help with response to inflammation and disease. For this reason, Dr. Arnold Caplan, one of the pioneers of stem cell research, has recommended that instead of “mesenchymal stem cells”, MSCs instead be called “medicinal signaling cells” because that name would better describe their real function in the body.
How do stem cells affect regeneration and recovery?
Stem cells have a powerful influence on the speed and thoroughness of recovery from both major injuries and daily wear-and-tear.
For example, when a four-year-old child has a fracture, they might require a cast for one month, and then they’ll be as good as new. Years later, the old fracture won’t even be visible on an x-ray anymore. This is because the child’s stem cells are at their peak, and they’re helping the child regenerate and restore any injured body parts. On the other hand, if a 40-year-old gets the same fracture, they’ll be in a cast for at least three months. Then, there will be some muscle loss and tissue loss that will require physical therapy. And the injured area may never really be the same as it was before. This is because in the 40-year-old, the stem cells have become less plentiful and less potent.
Compounding these major and minor injuries over many years ultimately leads to a general wearing-out of the body – chronic pain, inflammation, fatigue, and a decline in well-being.
MSC stem cell therapy reverses this process. By injecting youthful MSC stem cells (typically from extremely healthy donors in their 20s), the body is provided with the raw materials it needs to repair itself. This leads to faster recovery, improved resilience, and a reduction in inflammation – which is itself the cause of many of the problems we associate with aging.
While there may be no “fountain of youth”, MSCs are about as close as medical science has gotten so far.
MSC stem cell therapy can benefit nearly anyone
While stem cells can help to improve many common conditions, the reality is that every one of us is constantly incurring damage from our environment:
Our stem cells are constantly working to repair this damage – but over time, they wear out. MSC therapy augments your worn-out stem cells with millions of young, healthy ones, helping your body recover from the constant wear-and-tear of life.
What conditions can MSC stem cell therapy help with?
Nearly any condition that has to do with inflammation and with the immune system can be treated with stem cells:
While these conditions seem very different on the surface, all of them relate back to underlying issues of inflammation and immune dysfunction. Through the signaling behavior of MSCs, we’re able to modulate these reactions and get the body back into homeostasis, reducing many chronic diseases and helping the body to heal.
Ready to take action and handle chronic conditions?
MSCs, Lifespan and “HealthSpan”
For as long as human beings have existed, it seems, they have been searching for a “fountain of youth” – a way to turn back the clock of aging and live forever. This legend is often identified with Spanish explorers, but it actually goes back at least as far as Alexander the Great who lived in the 4th century B.C.E.
Sadly, for all its progress in eliminating disease and protecting people from injuries and accidents, modern western medicine has fallen far short of providing such a miracle. More importantly, perhaps – and especially in America – we’ve taken an odd turn into “preserving life” rather than “preserving and restoring health.” As a result, Americans spend a huge portion of their lives in a slow process of decay, illness and breakdown – and spend enormous amounts of money prolonging this.
When it comes to extending your life, most people would agree that the goal isn’t to increase the number of years you spend having a pulse and simply not being dead – but rather to increase the number of years of pain-free, healthy, enjoyable years, where you can spend time with your family and do the activities you love. We call this your “HealthSpan”. Increasing your HealthSpan is our #1 goal at ZignaGenix. While our treatments can help with chronic pain, disease and other specific ailments, ultimately our purpose is to clear these issues away so you can get back to living your life and making the most of every day.
Increase your HealthSpan with ZignaGenix
Steps in MSC Stem Cell Treatment
Our process at ZignaGenix is simple, consistent and powerful. The steps of your treatment are outlined below – but this treatment is actually part of a bigger picture – our overall HealthSpan Protocol which includes multiple complementary therapies that help ensure the greatest possible success from your MSC treatments.
Advantages of ZignaGenix MSC Stem Cell Treatment
As public awareness of stem cells has grown, two groups of facilities have begun to emerge.
- High-priced boutique facilities that focus on quality and reputation
- Bargain facilities that focus strictly on a low price
As a team of doctors that are passionate about making stem cells available to everyone, we felt that both of the above are poor solutions.
We understand that cost is an important factor, because with elective medicine, “cost” can also translate to “availability.” A $50,000 longevity treatment is really only accessible to the super-rich, and we feel this is ethically wrong. So we’ve worked for many years to develop a solution that will allow us to provide the same level of care, quality, and efficacy that you’d receive in a clinic in Beverly Hills or Manhattan, but to provide this at a vastly lower price through medical tourism.
When you choose a stem cell therapy provider, there are four key things you need to assess:
- Experience: The ZignaGenix medical team has vast experience, having treated hundreds of patients for over five years. Our medical team is on the cutting edge of the science in this space, which is vital because in an emerging field like stem cells, the science is changing every day. The protocols we are using this year are not the protocols we used last year, because the strategies are constantly improving. Whatever other skills they may have, it’s not a good choice to go to a naturopath or non-specialist for stem cell treatment. You want to work with a team who are 100% stem cell focused.
- Cell Quality: If you’ve been following along with all the information above, you’ll realize that the power of stem cells can vary widely. The health of the donor, the preservation and the cold chain storage of the cells, and the way they are prepared and injected can make the difference between an effective treatment and a placebo. So it’s vital that you choose a provider that has access to top-quality stem cells. At ZignaGenix, our lab facility operates to US standards exceeding the requirements of the US FDA, and we provide certification of each individual vial of stem cells that guarantees their potency. Learn more about our laboratory and facilities here.
- Number of Cells: The biggest difference between an effective treatment and an ineffective one is the number of cells provided. Because most patients don’t understand the science of stem cells, unscrupulous practitioners often provide “low cost” treatments by delivering just 10 million or 15 million stem cells. This does lower the cost, but it also makes the treatment ineffective. A truly effective stem cell treatment requires at least 25 million cells, so that’s where we start at ZignaGenix. If we’re addressing multiple treatment sites, etc., then up to 100 million or more can be required.
- Price: Once you’ve found an experienced team with top-quality cells, and ensured that you’re receiving a large enough quantity of cells to produce a result – then, it makes sense to evaluate price. At ZignaGenix we’ve worked to lower the cost of stem cell production by more than 90% vs. US based facilities. Specifically, our lab utilizes proprietary technology to multiply stem cells that increases their number by up to 8X while maintaining a modest cost. Our clinic in Mexico runs to US standards but allows us one to reduce overhead tremendously. This not only lowers the cost of treatment, but it also allows us to provide a much larger number of cells in a treatment. The number of cells we use in our treatments would essentially be cost-prohibitive in the US. So our unique facilities allow us to provide a service that isn’t really available anywhere else.
Frequently Asked Questions About MSC Stem Cell Therapy
- Do stem cells cure disease?
- Why is there such an interest in stem cells?
Do stem cells cure disease?
Short answer: no, stem cells don’t cure age-related diseases the way penicillin cures a bacterial infection. The conditions we treat through stem cell therapy are complex, take years to emerge, and are caused by numerous interconnected factors that are not inherently “curable”. What we’re aiming to accomplish in stem cell therapy is to support the body in healing itself – which is the best way to “cure” chronic conditions and “turn back the clock” of aging.
When a new treatment emerges, scientists, media and pundits usually line up into two groups. One group promotes the treatment as a miracle cure that will fix everything (for a price!). The other group claims the treatment is unscientific, harmful and should be suppressed. This has definitely occurred with stem cells. In this case. both groups are wrong. Stem cells are indeed “miraculous” in their ability to help the body heal itself, and we’ve seen many, many instances of life-changing results from our programs, as you can see in our testimonials. But they are not a cure-all, and professional ethics requires that we help our patients have realistic expectations about their results. That’s also why we provide a comprehensive program – if a person has a complex medical issue, it will require the support of their general practitioner (GP) and any appropriate specialists, as well as our team. Our ZignaGenix HealthSpan Protocol is aimed at maximizing the benefits of stem cell treatment through adjacent supports such as nutrition,
Is stem cell treatment legal in the US? If so, why are most stem cell clinics located outside the US?
The type of MSC stem cell treatment provided by ZignaGenix is fully legal and FDA approved in the US. The exact same treatments we deliver are provided every day in America, in spa-like clinics that serve only the super-rich, at prices from $30,000 – $50,000 or more. While it is absolutely legal to deliver these treatments in the US, there are specific FDA regulations around the way stem cells are prepared and multiplied which dramatically increase the cost of producing these treatments in the US. Some people see this as evidence of the FDA being “in the pocket” of pharmaceutical companies and health systems which would lose millions in income if chronic conditions could be significantly reduced, since treating chronic illness is a trillion-dollar business in America. Whatever the reason, regulations around stem cells drive the cost of these treatments in the US above what ordinary people can pay. This is why ZignaGenix provides its treatments in Mexico, and other clinics have emerged in Europe, the Cayman Islands, Panama and elsewhere. With that said, with lesser regulation comes a greater need for trust. Mexico has seen a significant increase in the number of stem cell clinics over the past few years; it’s vital that if you’re choosing stem cell treatment in Mexico, you choose a team like ZignaGenix that has a long history of clinical results, and facilities that deliver cells and treatments consistent with the highest US standards.
How does ZignaGenix obtain its stem cells?
Of course for any stem cell treatment, the source, quality and handling of the cells is crucial to efficacy. In addition, we have a very high standard of ethics with respect to where and how we obtain our cells.
- ZignaGenix is committed to using only the highest-quality, safest and most ethically obtained MSC stem cells in our treatments
- Our stem cell laboratory partners work to the same level of quality and safety as US labs
- Our stem cells are obtained from the umbilical cord, placenta and umbilical cord blood from a donor after the delivery of their baby. Stem cells present in these birth tissues are the most potent cells available.
- It’s important to note that while these cells are delivered along with the baby, they are not part of the baby – these are adult stem cells created by the mother, and the newborn is not affected in any way by the donation of these cells. In fact, most hospitals discard the placenta and umbilical cord after delivery; we have found that there is an amazing new use for these formerly wasted tissues.
- Our laboratory recruits stem cell donors that meet our stringent criteria. A typical donor is a young woman between 18 and 24 years old, who is extremely healthy. Donors are screened for any health issues that could impact the quality or safety of their stem cells, including ensuring they are free of drug use, sexually transmitted diseases, or viral infections such Epstein-Barr or HIV.
- If a donor meets our criteria, they are followed up and tested throughout their pregnancy to ensure they are staying safe and healthy.
- Delivery of the baby is done via C-section to avoid contamination of any of the birth tissues. After delivery, the technician collects the amniotic fluid, the placenta, and the umbilical cord and transports it back to the lab where it’s processed
- During this process, these materials go through bacterial testing, virological testing, intracellular protozoa testing, and genetic testing.
- Once this testing is completed, the technician picks the healthiest, most robust cells from the sample, places them into culture, and expands them. This is where our system is greatly superior to both US labs and other lower-cost stem cell operators. In the US, labs cannot expand the cells due to regulations, which forces the cost of stem cell treatments to be unreasonably high. On the other hand, in less regulated countries, some operators expand the cells through too many generations, weakening their effectiveness. At ZignaGenix, we work exclusively with third-generation stem cells. Since the cells double in each generation, we’re able to safely obtain 8X the cells from a single donor, without compromising their quality and efficacy.
Where else are stem cells obtained?
Some providers also obtain stem cells from bone marrow or through liposuction. We do not use these methods as the cells that are obtained are far less potent. Remember that the purpose of an MSC stem cell treatment is to bring in new, healthy and highly potent cells from a young donor – re-using the patient’s own cells which have already declined in potency will not get us the results we want.
How long does a stem cell treatment take?
Stem cell treatment is an outpatient procedure and it can be fairly quick. The time involved in a treatment depends on several factors, including whether we’re providing only a general IV or specific local injections; and also whether we’re treating a significant medical condition or only providing anti-aging. Simple anti-aging IV treatments can be complete in as little as two hours. More complex local delivery can require three to four hours. Complex treatments for medical diagnoses, such as an intrathecal injection into the spinal cord, can require up to a full day of treatment and observation.
Is stem cell therapy safe?
Stem cell therapy is very safe. Stem cells are “immune privileged” which means they are much more easily accepted by your body than other types of donor cells, so the only risks involved with stem cell injections would be the same as any other medication delivered through IV or injection. In the case of operating-room procedures such as an intrathecal (spinal cord) injection, we utilize all the same infection-prevention protocols that would be used in any hospital for this procedure. There’s always a small risk of infection in any injection procedure, which is easily managed by our top-notch sanitation protocols, just like any hospital. There’s some risk of swelling or discomfort in the area where injections are done, but this should pass quickly.
Are there side effects from stem cell treatments?
We don’t expect any serious side effects other than the minor side effects of the injection itself. For example, when we do a joint injection or intrathecal [spinal cord] injection, we may get some swelling, some pain. But in reality, we don’t expect any serious side effects from the cell therapy itself, other than maybe a little bit of hyperthermia [slightly elevated body temperature]. It goes away in about 24 hours.
Why is there such an interest in stem cells?
The massive interest in stem cells comes from their regenerative and restorative power. Basically, stem cells are part of our regenerative system, if we can name that. So their main job is to help us grow from a baby into an adult. They have the power to replicate themselves many, many, many times in order for them to help us to grow and to recover from any injury, as well as from the ongoing damage accruing toward the body – the “wear and tear” of daily life.
Can stem cells be rejected by the body like other donations of blood or tissues?
Stem cells are immunoprivileged, which means that your body doesn’t recognize them; it doesn’t see them because they don’t enlist the same histocompatibility complex [allergic signaling] that other cells give out. So your system is basically blind to them. One of the reasons stem cell therapy is so safe is because your body basically doesn’t react to them. Stem cells are referred to as “immune privileged” because your body’s immune system ignores them, and will not attack them in a way that is going to cause inflammation or rejection.